The family!

The family!
The family - October 2011

Thursday, March 24, 2011

It won't be like this for long...

Today I stayed home with Camdyn, as she was 'banned' from daycare. :) (She was sent home yesterday with a fever; she couldn't go back until she is fever free for 24 hours). I'm happy to report that the day and a half at home sure did seem to do wonders for her! She is hardly coughing at all and her runny nose is really starting to clear up!

I took Parker to day care around 9am so Camdyn could just relax, otherwise I knew he would be pestering her all day. :) Today made me sad, though, because we had our normal maternity leave schedule. Ellen at 9, The View at 10, a nap, and then the Doctors at 2pm, Dr. Phil at 3pm. I - of course - fit in a session on the elliptical as well! I sure wasn't going to let the extra time go wasted!

It made me think that Sunday will mean a couple of things. First of all - the most exciting part - Camdyn will be 5 months old already! How is that even possible? Sometimes it seems like she has been here for years, other days I feel like I was just walking into work with my flowy maternity dresses, feeling those little knees move around inside my belly! Sunday also marks 2 months that I have been back at work. This DOES NOT seem possible, as I feel like I have been back for 2 years! :)

It is crazy to think that in a month Camdyn will be halfway to her first birthday. As the newborn days seem more and more like a distant memory, it makes me soooo sad! But I think I am also really becoming comfortable with the idea of being done with babies. Partly because I already have two perfect ones (I'm already 2 for 2 and I'm happy with that :) ) and partly because our little family of 4 just feels right. Yeah, we have a boy and a girl and they won't necessarily love playing together at each stage of their childhood, but I think they are going to be VERY close. Parker can't get enough of his little sister and with each day it seems like she loves her big brother more and more. :)

I wanted to post this video, too. I feel like this song is forever in my head.....totally describes our life right now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment